Skip to main content

Batman Vs Superman: Who wins?








(WE ARE ONLY DAYS AWAY PEOPLE, THE HYPE IS REAL)

Alright, guys we are days away from something that will either be the stuff of legend, an epic start to a franchise to rival Marvel, or a disaster so big, that we will be telling our grandchildren about it. I really do hope it is the former, and so far the lucky people who've seen the movie early, have been praising the movie. There's even a spoilery review on Reddit (that seems legit, then again, anything can seem legitimate on the internet) that is singing the film's praises. Plus, Ben Affleck says he is proud of the film. There is one question that remains, who will win Batman or Superman?

Holy Sh!@? It's Spider-Man 

(We are being interrupted to freak out about Spider-Man)

I know this is extremely late, but come on, I've got to talk about freaking Spider-Man (his eyes freaking move). He looks awesome! 

Alright, Tevin just calm yourself, yes this is one of the greatest things ever (just look how excited Hawkeye is) . Well, there isn't much else I can say about this, other than, Oh My God this is going to be epic. (Watch out Captain America, it looks like there is going to be a new conductor on this Hypetrain). I'll talk about Civil War again closer to its release.

Captain Spiderman

Batman V Superman

(Think of the gas money Superman saves)

OK, let's get one thing straight before I get into it, one on one, with just powers and abilities and taking out the morality and ethics of each character, Superman win the fight in less than a second. He could end the fight in so many ways. He could throw him into the sun, literally punch him into the cement, could super tackle him, and much more. That's a boring perspective to look at the fight from because you are taking the most interesting parts of the character out. Let's look at the core of each character to get aware of who would really win.   

(At that moment, Superman realized that he left the oven on)

Everybody knows Superman's weakness is kryptonite, and everyone's reaction would be Batman would use that to beat Superman. There is one fight between the two where Batman basically summarizes how a real fight will go between the two. Let's set the stage, in Batman 612, Poison Ivy finds a way to mind control Superman to fight Batman and Catwoman. Batman tells Catwoman to go get a pedestrian and throw them off a building to snap Superman out of the mind control, and Catwoman gets Lois Lane (of course it's Lois Lane, either there is a curse placed on her, or she is just really bad luck) and throws her off. Superman snaps outs of the mind control to save her. Look how easily Batman was able to manipulate Superman, and that was just thinking on his feet, maybe he got lucky with the pedestrian being Lois (the way I see it, its Lady Luck that got lucky with Batman). There is a quote Batman says while fighting Supes that defines the reason why Batman will win, “If Clark wanted to, he could use his super speed and squish me into the cement. But I know how he thinks. Even more than the Kryptonite, he's got one big weakness. Deep down, Clark's essentially a good person... and deep down, I'm not.” Superman's nickname is the boy scout for a reason, he is an ethically good person, only getting justice morally right, and that is ultimately his weakness. Batman on the other hand, like the quote said, is willing to deal justice no matter, he is willing to go beyond ethical matters for the greater good. (This video explains it http://bit.ly/1Vx8EU2) Batman is willing to destroy a planet just to achieve his objective, and you hear Darkseid saying no one else could bluff like that. 



(And that's why you don't play tag with Superman)

Batman is not an idiot, he knows a single punch from Supes is all it takes, but he also knows Superman will naturally hold back, the only times he doesn't is when he's fighting another Kryptonian or Darkseid. You add this, plus the fact that Batman is an obsessive control freak, who has a contingency plan for every member of the Justice League, according to Tower of Babel and Justice League Doom. Batman just doesn't sit in his cave and broods, he's actually coming up with just in case plans (in fact, I would go as far and say, that's his version of Sudoku or Solitare). To me, this is what makes Batman my favorite character, he is just like his villains, he's crazy, the only thing that separates him from the inmates of Arkham is he uses his craziness for good. 

(The real reason I'm excited for BVS, the eventual Christmas special)

Someone told me that in a fair fight Batman has no chance, that even in the Dark Knight Returns, he needed the Green Arrows help to take out Supes, but that is Batman's game plan. He never fights fair, He isn't going to risk the fate of his mission fighting fair, and that is exactly why his free time is spent obsessing over how to beat up everyone (that includes your dad, I know you said your dad could beat me up, but can he beat Batman? yea, I didn't think so). So, if they do fight (and Batman is given the time to prepare), Batman would use kryptonite, Lois Lane, and the fact that Superman is a Big Blue Boy Scout to win the fight, not to mention Superman will hold back because he truly does not want to hurt anyone. In the end, Batman may not even have to throw a punch to win. 

Winner




Don't get me wrong, I love Superman, these days he doesn't get the credit he deserves. Like I said, If it was one on one, no preparations, Supes wins. What interests me more than the two fighting, is the relationship between the two. There is a mutual respect between the two, they know what the other will do, and they understand the reasoning behind it too. (This video explains it, http://bit.ly/1MjQJho). To be honest, I'm more interested in that than the actual fight, in the movie (instead of calling them the World's Finest, they should be called the World's Bestest Friends). Truthfully, in the end, it is all up to the person writing the story, as long as it makes sense (I'm not talking about Superboy punching someone so hard that he breaks reality sense). For anyone who says Batman is overpowered, you want to know my response, you are absolutely correct, but it is the stories told with that power that truly set Batman apart.


Well, we are just a couple of days from the release, and I've got an alternate theory of why these two actually fight. Well, I'm going to go to class and try not to think about this movie for an hour and fifteen minutes.



The DC Trinity








(It's happening, OH MY GOD)

I may either die of epicness (fan reviews are good so far) or disappointment, so my review might take time after I see the movie. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Digital Wilderness where Deadpool Lives

Guess what guys, thanks to group projects, soccer games (the least geeky thing about me), and my current obsession with Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, I have fallen behind and that’s why this is going to be three reviews in one. So let’s get ready for Tevin’s super, awesome, triple threat, (probably never happening again), showdown review (although let’s be clear, the reviews aren’t actually going to fight each other, I don’t have that type of money).

The Return of the Ghost of Sparta: the Evolution of God of War

(Gaze at that magnificent beard) AAAAAARRRRREEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Kratos' favorite phrase from God of War (other variations include ZZZZEEEEEUUUUUSSSSS!!!!!! or CCCCCCAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOPPPPPPPEEEE!!!!!!!!). What I'm trying to say is that Kratos likes, no, loves to yell the name of the person he's looking for and most of the time he is angry. These days he gets a lot of crap for being too one-dimensional, and while that's true, it is not the whole story. That's why today I'm going to talk about why the God of War franchise is one of the greatest ever, and why it is only the beginning.

Pokemon Sun and Moon Theory: Predicting the Plot (UPDATE)

UPDATE: Here are some of my thoughts on the final game ( My Review ) Ladies and gentlemen, finally the Rock has come bac... (whoa, my make-believe lawyer warns we not to finish that sentence). I know, I know you all missed me and have been eagerly anticipating my next post almost as much, if not more, than the premiere of Walking Dead (and yes, my ego truly knows no bounds). I am going to try my very best to continuously update the blog, but never mind that today we are going to talk about what in the heckler's left boot is going on in Pokémon Sun and Moon. I'm going to do my very best (like no one ever was, yes, I know this joke has probably been made thousands of times) to try and predict what will happen. Ladies and gentlemen get ready for the first ever the McTheorizer Machine.